It was a stormy night in St. Paul. Seemed like the weather rolled in slowly and then just sat over our neighborhood and dumped down tons of water. Every once in a while the downpour was interrupted by thunder and lightning, but even that felt lazy and in no apparent hurry. I woke up with Haakon cuddled up next to me. He is the perfect size to just tuck under a wing and has always been a nice cuddler. I started my day feeling very cozy and content.
Tonight we are taking the boys on an airplane to Chicago. It's Auntie Marsha's surprise 60th Birthday party weekend, so we agreed to miss our annual pilgrimage to watch the Twin Cities Marathon to celebrate. Tomorrow night we'll be dancing crazily to "The Hump Day Thumper's Jug Band" in the windy city. We are all very excited, albeit a little stressed.
Jeff was in rare form this morning; cranky-as-can-be about everything. He later attributed this to his growing stress about tonight. Haakon has been stretched and weepy for days, and Sawyer is turning into the family clown. Molly called and advised me on which medications she was bringing to help us "manage"the flight.
You see, I am a bad flyer. I always fear the worst, but today I will fly for the first time with my favorite little humans. I realize that they will look to me for a queue so I have to be a cheerful, excited passenger. I want them to feel free to see the world some day, so there is no point in freaking them out. I can't wait for the excited oohs and ahhhhs and I know that landing in Chicago tonight will be quite a treat. So, my plan is to pop a "molly's little helper" and the hit the friendly skys like a (drugged up) champ.
~I will add, should anything happen to us, have my mom deal with our estate (do nice, creative and generous things!) and please don't give more than $20,000 to camp st croix. If you do, insist they put it in an endowment fund for a special purpose--Julie Stucky knows all the details. ~
We'll be fine. I just have to say that for superstitious purposes. Back on Sunday!
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sure you all had a great time. I bet I saw your plane fly over my house with the other 313 planes while the runway is being fixed at the airport. Heck, I could have seen you in your seats cuz they're so low over my house. Anyway, I'm not a good flyer either so let me know if Molly's Little Helper worked. Welcome home. Jilly
Post a Comment