Today I complete my 38th trip around the sun. Amazing. As often seems to be the case on birthdays, I am taking inventory today and as usual I am completely overwhelmed by the blessings in my life. I woke to a bed full of kittens and family. The boys were up early, eager for me to open their presents and handmade cards. Eyes closed, I noted the scent of a yogurt parfait Sawyer had made for me on his own initiative.
Amish day was fun. Good people. The kids assured me they had a great time, and I am waiting for the debriefing papers from the Spencers. Their project turned out to need limited people at any given time, so the gals ended up chatting in the living room for a large part of the day. I missed an opportunity to hang out with Dan G., but plan to make that up in the near future. Here is a crappy picture of eight children playing happily together in a 6' X 6' space... no programming required.
Amish day was fun. Good people. The kids assured me they had a great time, and I am waiting for the debriefing papers from the Spencers. Their project turned out to need limited people at any given time, so the gals ended up chatting in the living room for a large part of the day. I missed an opportunity to hang out with Dan G., but plan to make that up in the near future. Here is a crappy picture of eight children playing happily together in a 6' X 6' space... no programming required.
The sailing banquet was very nice. Molly accepted a trophy for the Hakuna Matata and for the Neske boys who captured an award for our first place finish in the Friday Fun Race we did. The Silent Auction netted $1058 for Camp St. Croix.
This morning I opened a Sonic Care toothbrush from my family (who also gave me bike lights and a bike computer last week a little early because of daylight savings time). I opened several nice cards from Dad and Gramma Dora and I fielded a call from Molly who sang me the ChiChi's version of Happy Birthday (Ole!)
I'm meeting Molly and Gretchen at yoga this afternoon and plan to spend the other parts of my day in the bright but thinning sunlight. We've seen snow in the past several days and winter is certainly creeping in. I'm thinking of Jeannine, MR and Dave in Africa today. I think they are in a blind in the bush looking for wildlife this week. Crazy.
Ole!

No comments:
Post a Comment