Monday, January 14, 2008

Heart Breaker

So Haakon crawled out of bed the other night and padded down the hall to talk to Jeff and me. Long heavy pause.... "Daniel broke my heart today," he finally said. It was cute, sad and hilarious all in one second. I tried to avoid Jeff's eyes. "What happened?" he asked. "Well... when we were outside I pushed Daniel too hard. And when we came inside he wouldn't play with me." We got a little more detail, and from the sounds of it, Daniel is just a no BS kind of friend. So we did the treat people the way you'd like to be treated speech and Haakon agreed and headed to bed. I think it was his confession that lightened his load more than our boring lecture.

I've heard him make mention of his broken heart a few more times this week for one reason or another. I have to smirk. Those wide, blue eyes and the soft voice make the declaration irresistible.

So last night at dinner, Lars made the most sincere face and held his hand to his chest and said, "This is my heart. ....and don't break it!" And Haakon immediately gave him the most disgusted you-don't-even-KNOW-what-a-broken-heart IS! look that I have ever seen. Sawyer rolled his eyes.

Which one of these drama kings will be the eleventh husband of Erica Cane on "Days of Our Lives"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, that's quite a story. There is never a dull moment at the Neskemoes house, is there?

Happy New Year!

Nancy