A few months ago, my kids showed me through an anatomy book excited to point out a picture of a "zuni." Long story short, it turns out a zuni is part of the female anatomy. I tried to explain the correct terminology, but after a few bored minutes, Lars concluded that he preferred to call it a "zuni." His brothers agreed. (And.... frankly, so do I. You might, too, when you consider the tired alternatives.)
Tonight, I tuned in to him muttering at the dinner table and realized he was making up words. (Yes, there is a theme emerging.) As soon as he realized I was tuned in, the quality of his work plummeted, but I caught these two terms before he figured me out.
ZEZIT: zezit is when you only drink part of your milk.
NARROT: narrot is when you fall down while you are playing baseball and you have a piece of cheese stuck on your feet.
I have a zuni and I have definitely zezitted. But I have certainly never experienced a narrot.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I believe that you invented "Woodtookies"
-Andrew
Post a Comment