I'm on the phone with Amtrak. Just checking to see if our train to Montana is running on time. On time. She's worried about the way I booked the tickets, so she said we should figure it out now as opposed to 10:50 tonight with the little dudes sleepy and cranky.
I'm sure I'll have more to report about this in a week, but there is a REASON there are pre-season rates at these places. Nothing is open so you have to jimmy-rig everything. I'm a natural jimmy-rigger so I don't mind, but it could be annoying if you didn't put 2 and 2 together.
The kids are really excited about this trip. At this point, I think the train ride out and back will eclipse the giant purple mountains. Although it's pretty incredible country. And of course, an untimely bear or cougar appearance could blow the doors off. We've been counting down the days to our trip (and our subsequent move) for about a month and the anticipation is more than we can stand right now.
Lars got a balcony-side haircut from Jeff this afternoon and he looks extra cute. The rest of us are packed, the house is clean, the details are getting taken care of in the next 4 hours and we're outie here.
Go West!
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment